Wednesday, December 31, 2008

.First meeting.

Hello
Hello
Esme.
Conor.
Can you smile?
I can.
Then.. why don't you?
I laughed. I just met you, why are you asking me this?
I made you smile. She said, as if that answered my question.
So I smiled and stared at her. Your strange.
You're happy now. She commented, almost smugly.
I am.
I know. She said, laughing at the simplicity of it.
Can you be serious? I asked her.
I can.
Then why wont you be?
She frowned, insulted by my abruptness. Why do you ask?
I made you serious. I said, smirking as I said it. She forced a straight face on herself, fighting back her ever present smile.
I guess you did. Her voice was not naturally serious but very forced. Like a child trying to be mature in front of their parents.
You're sad now.
I am.
I'm sorry.
I know. She smiled.
And in a gracefullness that could only belong to Esme she walked off, knowing that this wouldn't be the last time we'd meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment