Wednesday, December 31, 2008

.Second Meeting.

I saw you. Esme said, smiling cunningly.
Where? I asked, geniunly curious.
At the market, reciting your...poems. I sighed unwillingly as her eyes lit up with amusement. She was laughing her heart out and I couldn't help but laugh along, when she jumped up onto a nearby rock and started to recite some of my work.
Is that you? She began, struggling to hold back her fits of laughter.
Definetly over dramatised. I commented, laughing along.
Sitting on my windowsil? She mimed the action as my face turned bright red.
As the moonlight devours the darkness
Washing away the ideals of life
My heart has tried to be bulletproof
For too long
So can you sit on my windowsil? She paused for effect.
And shoot
Because I am ready
For the darkness to devour the moonlight
And unveil the ideals of my life. I sighed with relief, recognising the final line of the poem.

It's pretty good. Esme commented, though a smile was still lingering on her face as I helped her jump down from the rock she'd been shouting my poem on.
And I know it's about me so that's a plus. She added, winking at me, mockingly arrogant. I shook my head.
Well how do you know that? I asked her chuckling, curious for her answer.
Because who else? She smiled, dramatising the whole situation again.
Could make you associate death. With love? Smart answer, I thought.
She slid over to me gracefully, her eyes too beautiful, too hypnotising to look away from. Pausing for effect, she waited until she was one hundred percent sure I was aware of how close she was to me.
And who else? She pondered.
Could make you realise, even write about, how you...She tapped my nose.
Are too uptight! She laughed and I stayed silent, and then said.
How do you know me so well Esme? And with all her effort, she placed a serious expression on her face, placed her lips on mine for the first time, and said.
I don't know.








No comments:

Post a Comment