Thursday, January 1, 2009

Coldplay - See You Soon

I'm afraid. Esme whispered, shivering on the hottest day in July.
What of?
Life. Death. Loneliness. Togetherness.
I was silent.
But I've found all of that in you so how can I be scared?
I don't know.
Will you trust me?
I will.
Will you believe me?
I will.
Will you love me?
I do.

She laughed as the summer breeze blew the hair out of her face and swayed the corn in the fields. She pondered something for a while and then said.

*Till death do us part* is a very strange line in this occasion isn't it. With both of us so close to death, yet knowing that we'll always be together.

It is. I stated simply in reply.
Can you speak? She said, not in irritation, just in hope of another perspective of this.
Til faded hope do we part.
Explain.

When you can no longer believe, trust, love or try anything then there is no hope. That is what we are, isn't it? We are hope. To say in love is so overused and I wish it wasn't but it is. What we have is hope, for we are forever in fear of each other, though forever willing to believe in one another. We are willing to trust one another, and there is no way in hell we could do that without hope. So when hope fades, we fade away.

She placed her hand in mine and stared at me.

I'm afraid of hope. She whispered.
Me too. I told her, no longer afraid of being heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment